At Choice One Community Credit Union, we are committed to the health, safety and financial well-being of our members, employees, and communities. As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we want to ensure our members and our community that we are here to serve your needs. We understand that many of you are facing challenging financial times right now and you may be seeking help in getting through the next few months or even longer. Your local credit unions are here to help you with the financial solutions you need to get through this time of uncertainty. At Choice One Credit Union, we have specific products designed to help ease the financial burden of our members.
Choice One Solutions for financial difficulties
- Consider a personal loan for quick emergency cash – Choice One provides eligible members with flexible, fixed rate personal loans starting at 3.25% APR*. A personal loan can provide the cash influx you need to get through the coming months.
- Mortgage Refinance – For many homeowners experiencing a layoff or other job interruption, monthly mortgage payments may be a big concern. With mortgage rates at new lows, mortgage refinance may be a good solution for lowering monthly mortgage payments to a more affordable number. In addition to lower mortgage rates, Choice One is offering members a .25% rate reduction, as well as the elimination of a $500 origination fee. Click here to learn more about this special mortgage refinance offer and see rates. Although our lobbies are closed, you can also speak to a Choice One mortgage lender by calling 800-610-2788 during normal business hours. We are always here for our members.
- Low-Interest Credit Card Balance transfer – You may be dealing with the stress of high-interest credit card balances right now. With everything else going on, you shouldn’t have to deal with this stress as well. Choice One has a special 2.99% APR VISA Balance Transfer Rate** that may help until you get back to your normal income level. The special rate is valid for 6 billing cycles from the date of transfer. After that time, the rate returns to Choice One’s current rates, which are 8.90% APR* for a Platinum VISA Credit Card and a 13.50% APR* for a Classic VISA Credit Card. Choice One credit cards feature no annual fee. Click here to learn more and read about details and restrictions.
- Access Needed Cash with a Home Equity Loan – Home Equity Loan and HELOC rates are also at new lows. You can access the equity in your home to help with the cash you need to help pay bills and meet expenses during these tough financial times. Speak to your credit union representative about which home equity option is best for your needs at this time. A home equity line of credit will provide you with a low variable rate, enable you to draw funds as you need them and pay interest only on the amount you’ve drawn, rather than the full amount of the loan. See our low intro rate HELOC rate and full details online. Our low-rate home equity loans can help you access the cash you need to pay bills, medical expenses and more by tapping into the equity of your home. The low fixed rate will provide you with a fixed monthly payment. View rates and learn more online.
- Refinance your auto loan – Auto loan refinance may be able to help you lower your interest rate, select different terms and reduce your monthly payment.
- Providing tips and resources for our members – Check our Choice Words Blog often for helpful tips on cutting monthly expenses, taking advantage of rate cuts and more. Choice One Community Credit Unions and other local credit unions are here to help provide the financial solutions our members need.
Contact creditors sooner, rather than later
If you are experiencing financial difficulties, we encourage you to contact your credit union and other creditors as soon as possible for assistance. This includes utility companies as well. If you have a federally held student loan, it was announced by the federal government that interest will be waived for 60 days. You can learn more about this and other available help at myfedloan.org. If you are in need of food assistance, you can find help at feedingamerica.org. From that site, you can enter your zip code to find your local food bank.
Remember, we are here for our members, we will overcome these financial obstacles together. Visit us online at choiceone.org or call 800-610-2788.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate based on creditworthiness and term of loan. Rates are subject to change at any time and are not guaranteed. This rate includes the .25% discount with Auto Pay.
**APR = Annual Percentage Rate. 2.99% VISA Balance Transfer Rate is valid for 6 billing cycles from the date of transfer. Rate returns to the current rate at that time. Choice One’s current Platinum Visa Credit Card Rate is 8.90% APR and Classic Visa Card is 13.50% APR with No-Annual Fee. Balance Transfer offer is good on any new or existing Choice One Platinum or Classic Credit Card. 2.99% balance transfer rate is for balances transferred from another institution only. Transfers may not exceed the credit line a member is approved for.