Each year brings new trends in home improvements and remodels. Often the top priority with home renovations is to add value to the property. 2023 brought a move towards relaxation and enjoyment of a home, both inside and out. We see this in the top 12 home improvement trends for 2023 which we’ve outlined below.
- 2023 is throwing homeowners a curve. Yes, curves are big this year in everything from architecture – think built-in bookcases and big bay windows – to kitchen islands and all types of furniture. In fact, arches in doorways and windows are trending right now. Homeowners looking for softer lines found it in all things curved.
- Spa-like bathrooms that create an everyday space for tranquility within a home. Large curbless showers are a favorite for homeowners looking for a trendy bathroom remodel. We’re seeing a move towards heated floors and rain shower heads for added pampering.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows that transform a space and make a room feel even larger.
- An island oasis right inside your kitchen. Stylish multifunctional kitchen islands that are bold in design are huge this year. They provide space for everything from creative seating and storage areas to prep sinks, cooktops, and even a wine or beverage cooler. Most trendy islands are topped off with statement lighting that hangs above.
- Enhanced home storage. Let’s face it, we could all use more storage space. With home space at a premium, we’re seeing an increase in built-in storage popping up in neatly organized mudrooms and with pantry add-ons to existing kitchens. Invisible closets and kitchen cabinetry that blend right into the simple design of a room are also popular this year.
- Earth tones and warm palettes are hot for home improvements. Creamy tones, warm whites, taupe, and all shades of brown are definitely trending. We’re also seeing a surge in earthy shades. The use of color can add dimension and calmness to your home, making it more inviting.
- The use of natural materials. While natural materials have always been trendy, this year we’re seeing their use more than ever. Homeowners are utilizing quartz and other natural stone for countertops and marble for flooring. We’re also seeing more natural wood cabinets and vanities, with oak and walnut being highly popular. Wood and stone are sought-after choices for both their aesthetic appeal and durability.
- Silver is the new gold when it comes to fixtures and faucets. Polished aluminum, nickel, and stainless steel are all taking center stage this year.
- Outdoor sanctuaries are increasingly fashionable. Homeowners are focused on home improvements that enhance outdoor spaces. This might include adding a large deck, patio, or outdoor cooking space. It also includes comfortable and inviting outdoor furniture to enhance the look, feel, and comfort of a space. We’re even seeing outdoor showers on many home remodel lists for those seeking added convenience. Homeowners acknowledge the real value in increasing their investment in outdoor living spaces as they enjoy more time at home.
- Eco-friendly improvements are on the rise, along with the cost of energy. Homeowners eager to save a buck on their energy bills are looking to eco-friendly home improvements. This includes smart thermostats and other smart technology. This technology enables homeowners to control a home’s lighting, temperature, and many appliances, remotely. In addition to the convenience factor, it can also be a great energy saver.
- Multifunctional rooms are a must. Homeowners are renovating garages into combo game rooms, home gyms, and man caves. They are remodeling basements into combo home theaters, teen hangouts, and extra bedrooms. Home offices are popping up in spare bedrooms and attics to take advantage of every inch of space within a home.
- Unique window treatments add character. From fringe trim to scalloped edges, window treatments can reflect your personal style and add a fresh look to any room.
Invest in the value of your home
Home improvements, such as updates to the kitchen and bath, can help to increase the value of your home. Simple changes can make a big difference. Choice One currently offers home equity loans with low fixed rates and other significant benefits. A home equity loan is a great borrowing option for all of your home improvement needs.