Director of Marketing and Business Development
To improve the Credit Union’s competitive position, consistent with its mission, within the markets served; develop objectives, policies and programs for marketing and public relations activities of the Credit Union; plan, direct, and coordinate the efforts of marketing and sales toward the accomplishment of overall objectives; supply advice and assistance to the President and other operating units within the organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
20%- Directs all advertising and sales promotions for products and services; develops advertising programs and collateral materials.
15%- Directs marketing and sales planning, including an analysis of competitive products/services and selling techniques, legislation, budgets, pricing and distribution.
15%- Develops promotional strategies to meet business development goals; develops promotional material.
10%- Cultivates relationships with outside parties who play a role in influencing the Credit Union members
10%- Develops, proposes, gains acceptance for, and implements strategic plans designed to meet the credit union’s short- and long-term marketing objectives.
5%- Conducts market research and recommends product/service modifications or improvements.
5%- Represents the Credit Union at various functions to develop business relationships.
5%- Coordinates special events; monitors planning, schedules and implementation as required for proper execution of each event. Coordinates the annual meeting, including production of reports, facilities, and meeting logistics.
5%- Manages member complaint/grievance response activity.
5%- Performs other job related duties as assigned by President/CEO.
5%- Initiates staff training programs in member relations and selling techniques.
- Deliver planned results within budget, meeting the credit union’s planned growth objectives.
- Provide direction and recommendations to management, based on current research data, regarding market strategies and directions the Credit Union should take.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- Complete marketing and research projects as outlined in the operation plan for the year; and deliver planned results within budget.
- Accomplish all assigned projects according to policy and procedures, keeping management informed of any critical areas.
- Achieve community involvement goals and incorporate branding strategy into all projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
A college degree.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Creative writing and knowledge of target marketing required.
Must possess organizational and analytical skills; must be able to coordinate a variety of projects.
Must possess PC skills and be able to run spreadsheets, word processing, and publishing software as well as other general office equipment.
Occasional lifting up to 25lbs
Typical administrative setting with climate control and appropriate lighting.